1. 如何委婉地表示“上厕所”
在正式场合(如会间、席间或与陌生人在一起时),若要中途离开去上厕所,一般不直截了当地说 I will go to the toilet,以免显得太粗俗,此时一般只需礼貌地说一声Excuse me 即可。若有必要具体说明的话,可说:
Excuse me, I want to wash my hands. 对不起,我要去洗一下手。
2. 如何直接地表示“上厕所”
在非正式场合(比如家人间、熟人间、朋友间或同事间等)要表达“上厕所”,通常可以比较直接。如:
One minute, Kevin. I must go to the loo. 等一下,凯文,我得去上一下厕所。
Excuse me, may I use your bathroom, please? 对不起,我可以用一下你的卫生间吗?
I’ve just got back from the gents. 我刚刚上了个厕所。
Melinda, I wonder if you have the ladies’ on this floor, please. 梅林达,请问你们这层楼有女厕所吗?
以下是一些比较粗俗的表示拉屎撒尿的说法,主要为男性所用:
I’ll go for a pee. 我去撒泡尿。
I want to have a pee. 我要撒泡尿。
I must go for a shit. 我要去拉屎。
3. 用answer the call of nature等
“厕所”虽然在很多情况下听起来不是一个文雅的词语,但人人都离不开它。有人曾讲了这样一个笑话:新到一个地方,最重要的事就是“找厕所”。其实这不是没有道理的。一个人肚子饿了,可以不吃;疲倦了,也可以不睡——这只要硬撑着在一段时间内还是可以做到。但一个人要是想大小便而不上厕所,那就太难了。其实拉屎撒尿这类听似不文雅的东西都是人类(和其他动物)很自然的行为,正因为如此英语中有时便将“上厕所”委婉地说成“自然的呼唤”(nature calls) 或“响应自然的呼唤”(answer the call of nature)。如:
Oh, sorry, nature calls. I’ll be back in a minute. 哦,对不起,我得去方便一下,马上就回来。
Sorry, sir. I must answer the call of nature—It won’t be long. 对不起,先生,我要去方便一下,就一会儿。
4. 有关“上厕所”的对话实例
(1) 实例一
A: Excuse me, but could you tell me where there’s amen’s room? 请问哪儿有男厕所?
B: There’s one just outside this building. Turn to your right and walk about 50 metres. It’s a small white thing. 这栋楼外面就有一个。向右拐,走50米即到,是座小的白色房子。
A: I suppose there’s a sign on the outside. 厕所外面有牌子吧?
B: Yes. There’s a sign in English and Chinese. 有。牌子是用中英文写的。
A: Thank you. 谢谢。
B: That’s all right. 不客气。
(2) 实例二
A: Excuse me, sir. Can you tell me where the men’s room is? 对不起,先生,你可以告诉我卫生间(男厕所)在哪里吗?
B: Go down the hall. It’s on the right hand side. 走过大厅。右手边就是。
A: Thanks. 谢谢。
A: Sir, the toilet is locked. How can I get in? 先生,卫生间上锁了,我怎么才能进去?
B: Deposit a dime in the slot and the door will open. 塞10美分硬币到钱箱里,门就开了。
A: It’s expensive to use the toilet. 用卫生间不便宜啊。
B: Yes, it is. But in some places, such as restaurants, the men’s and women’s rooms are free for their customers. 是的。但在有些地方,例如饭店,男女卫生间客人都是可以免费使用的。
如果觉得我的回答对您有用,请随意打赏。你的支持将鼓励我继续创作!
【1】go to the loo
I need to go to the loo. 我要上厕所。
【2】go to the toilet
He wants to go to the toilet. 他想上厕所。
【3】go to the water closet
He went to the water closet. 他上厕所去了。
【4】go to the washroom
I hung around until Helen had to go to the washroom. 我在外边一直等到海伦不得不上厕所。
【5】take a leak
Excuse me, I have to take a leak. 对不起, 我要去上厕所.
【6】a/the call of nature
I waked early to answer a call of nature. 我早起上厕所.
【7】relieve oneself
The boy said he badly wanted to relieve himself. 这个男孩说他想上厕所。
【8】go pee
Just a minute, I have to go pee. 只是几分钟, 我必须去尿尿。
【9】go somewhere
She wants to go somewhere.她想去方便一下。
【10】need the toilet
Do you need the toilet? 你需要用洗手间吗?
如果觉得我的回答对您有用,请随意打赏。你的支持将鼓励我继续创作!