我一直以为 please 只用于祈使句。
Please come here. 请过来。
Don’t leave please. 请不要离开。
Please have some cake. 请吃点儿蛋糕。
Please leave a contact address. 请留下联系地址。
Please give me some paper. 请给我一些纸。
Turn in your homework, please. 请把家庭作业交上来。
但今天在《人教版高中英语新教材》“必修一”p2的第二页看到这样一句:
I’d like to have a student ID card, please.
请问please可以这样用在陈述句中吗?
是你误解了。其实
please 不只是用于祈使句,它完全可以用于带有请求意味或需要麻烦对方的陈述句或疑问句,以使语气更客气。如:
(1) 用于陈述句:
I’d like tea with sugar, please. 请给我来一杯加糖的茶。
I’d like two kilos of tomatoes, please. 我要买两公斤西红柿。
I’d like to cancel my booking, please. 我想取消预订。
I’ll take all three shirts, please. 这三件衬夜我都要。
I’ll have a burger with fries, please. 请给我一份汉堡包配薯条。
That will be 45 pence, please. 一共是 45 便士。
I wish to see the manager, please. 我想见经理。
(2) 用于疑问句:
Please may I come in? 请问我可以进来吗?
Can you go now, please? 请你现在走, 好吗?
What’s your name, please? 请问你叫什么名字?
May I see your tickets, please? 请出示入场券。
Would you help me, please? 请帮帮我,好吗?
Would you please come over? 请过来一下好吗?
Could I have a glass of water, please? 请给我一杯水好吗?
另外,please还经常用于省略句,包括某些省略后只剩下一个名词或名词短语的情况。如:
Tickets, please. 请把票拿出来。
This way, please! 这边走,请!
Two beers, please. 劳驾,来两杯啤酒。
Initial here, please. 请在这儿签上姓名首字母。
Black coffee, no sugar, please. 请给我清咖啡,不加糖,谢谢。