The spokesman denounced the charge as “completely irresponsible”, adding: there is absolutely nothing to the allegations.
请问老师怎么翻译此句?
参考译文:发言人谴责此项指控‘完全不负责任’,并补充说:“这绝对没有什么可辩解的”。
请问老师,allegation是指控,宣称的意思,没有其他中文解释。参考译文的翻译是“辩解”,合适吗?
The spokesman denounced the charge as “completely irresponsible”, adding: there is absolutely nothing to the allegations.
=There is absolutely nothing to be said for the allegations.
请问老师怎么翻译此句?
参考译文:发言人谴责此项指控‘完全不负责任’,并补充说:“这绝对没有什么可辩解的”。
请问老师,allegation是指控,宣称的意思,没有其他中文解释。参考译文的翻译是“辩解”,合适吗?
allegation n. 陈述,主张; 宣称; 陈词,陈述; 指控,指责
(英文解释:An allegation is a statement saying that someone has done something wrong.)
The company has denied the allegations.
公司否认了这些指控。
Allegations of brutality and theft have been levelled at the army.
有人指责军队中存在着野蛮暴行和盗窃行为。
(1)There is nothing to do
=We have nothing to do (强调没有事可做,无聊)
There is absolutely nothing to say.
=We have absolutely nothing to say.
I have absolutely nothing to hide, I have done nothing wrong.
There is absolutely nothing (for me) to hide,I have done nothing wrong
我绝对没有什么好隐瞒的,我没有做错什么。
(2)There is nothing to be done.
=There is nothing that we can do.(强调没有办法,束手无策)
There is absolutely nothing to be said.
=There is absolutely nothing that we can say.
say sth for为…讲话辩护
"Well," she said eventually, "what have you to say for yourself?"
“那么”,她最后说,“你有什么好说的?”
He's never got much to say for himself.
他向来寡言少语。
Don't you have one good word to say for her?
难道你不为她说句好话 吗 ?
You can't say for sure that it won't rain tomorrow.
明天难保不下雨.
What has she to say for herself?
她有什么要为自己辩解的 吗 ?
如果觉得我的回答对您有用,请随意打赏。你的支持将鼓励我继续创作!