一般说来,如果是针对某个特定场合或某个特定的事件作出决定,通常用 make a decision(强调作出一个决定)。注意体会:
We were stupid to wait so long before we made a decision. 我们等了这么久才做出决定,真是不明智。
We need to make a decision now, as we haven’t got much time to play with. 我们必须现在就作决定,没有太多时间了。
I am keeping my options open. I have not made a decision on either matter. 我保留选择权,这两件事我都还没有作出决定。
We don’t have enough data to make a decision. 我们掌握的信息不足,不能做决定。
We need to make a decision soon about the product packaging. 对于产品包装我们需要尽快做出决定。
如果不是针对某个特定场合或某个特定的事件作出决定,而只是笼统地表示作决定,则通常用 make decisions。注意体会:
He is really bad at making decisions. 他的确不善于决策。
She seems constitutionally unable to make decisions. 她似乎天生优柔寡断。
As chief executive, I often have to make difficult decisions.作为主管, 我常常得作出艰难的决定。
People constantly make decisions, consciously or unconsciously. 人们总是出于有意或无意做决定。
The new rules allow managers to have greater leeway in making decisions. 新规定允许经理们拥有更大的决策自由。