do with用于肯定句与否定句的区别

I could do with a drink. 

I couldn’t do with a drink.

这两句就如何理解?它们仅仅是肯定与否定的差别吗?

请先 登录 后评论

最佳答案 2015-11-01 01:00

 

I could do with a drink. 意为“我想喝点饮料。”

I couldn’t do with a drink. 意为“我喝不了饮料。”(说明此时不想喝,不需要喝。)

英语中的can/could do with 是个习语,意为“想做某事”,“该做某事”,“需要做某事”。

Do they serve beer? I could do with a drink. 这儿有啤酒吗? 我想喝点。

I could do with a drink; my throat is as dry as dust. 我想喝点什么, 我的喉咙干燥极了。

Do you feel like you could do with a change? 你想不想改变一下?

The essays could do with a flash of wit or humor. 这些散文需要一些出其不意的风趣或幽默。

That coat could do with a wash. 那件外套要洗一下了。

This car could do with a good polish. 这部车需要好好擦一擦。

We could do with a new car. The one we've got is a bit past it。

我们可以弄辆新车,现在那辆已经不太好使了。

I could do with a bath. 我想洗个澡。

Oh, I could do with a cup of tea. 啊, 我想喝一杯茶。

I could do with a cup of tea. 我想喝杯茶。

I could do with a stiff drink! 我想要一杯烈酒。

I could do with a haircut. 我该理头了。

It looks like you can do with some help. 看来你需要此帮助。
We can do with a break. 我们该休息一会儿了。

can't/couldn’t do with 意思是“不能做某事,无意做某事,忍受不了某事”。

He couldn't do with waiting any longer, so he left. 他等不下去, 所以走了。

Less: I couldn't do with another dancing. 莱斯: 我不能再跳舞了。

She couldn't do with noise and disturbances any longer, and left. 她再也受不了吵吵闹闹, 于是走开了。

I can't do with his insolence. 我忍受不了他那傲慢无礼的态度。

 

 

 

请先 登录 后评论

其它 0 个回答

  • 1 关注
  • 1 收藏,2947 浏览
  • 萍萍   提出于 2015-10-22 16:33

相似问题