as far as I could tell,far和tell无法按照字面意思来理解,麻烦大神们解惑:
They were all looking away — away from each other, away from the other students, away from anything in particular as far as I could tell.
They were all looking away — away from each other, away from the other students, away from anything in particular as far as I could tell.
【翻译】他们都把目光移开了——从彼此身上移开了,从其他学生身上移开了,从我所能说出的任何特别的地方移开了。
as far as,本质上是一个“原级比较”,现在已经演变成为一个固定词组,当作介词或连词使用。本义是“跟......一样远”,此外,还表示情况达到某种程度,意为“远到...程度;就…而言;在…范围内”,后面的几种意思都是由本义引申出来的。例如:
As far as I can tell, she's enjoying the course.
据我判断,她喜欢这门课程。
For as far as I can tell, the first sharpener originated in 1900.
据我所知,削铅笔机起源于1900年。
As far as I can tell,the house isn't worth the price they are asking.
就我所能告诉你的来说,这房子不值他们的要价。
As far as I know, he will be away for three months.
据我所知(就像跟我知道的范围一样),他将离开三个月。
As far as I can see, the whole matter is open-and-shut.
依我看,整个事件是一清二楚的。
As far as we can make out, the damage is due to improper packing.
根据我们弄清的真相,货损是因包装不善而造成的。
As far as I am concerned, I'm not against your plan.
就我而言,我并不反对你的计划。
The land west of the mountains stretches as far as the eye can see.
群山以西的地域宽得一望无际。
As far as I can see, you've done nothing wrong.
据我所知,你没做错什么。
如果觉得我的回答对您有用,请随意打赏。你的支持将鼓励我继续创作!