请问下面两句中文意思差不多,它们的英文表达有什么细微差别:
There goes your friend. 你的朋友走了。
Your friend has left (gone). 你的朋友走了
There goes your friend. 你的朋友走了。(往往意味着还没离开视线,动作具有即时进行特征)
Your friend has left (gone). 你的朋友走了。(人已不再,动作具有彻底完成性特征)
不知您是否喜欢音乐歌,冒昧推荐两首作为说明:
▲ You are not alone(MJ)【迈克尔 杰克逊】的《你不孤单》
Another day has gone, I'm still all alone又是孤单的一天过去了
How could this be? 怎么会这样?
you're not here with me 你不在我身边
You never said good-bye. Someone tell me why 没人能够告诉我你为何不辞而别
did you have to go and leave my world socold? 难道你一定要如此冷淡地离开我的世界么?
上文只是意译,可忽略。注意第1句:
Another day has gone, I'm still all alone 又一天远离而逝,可我依然孤独。
(远离的是时间,不变的是孤单。一个逝去,一个停留,形成了强烈的对比落差,造成听歌者的心灵震颤。)
▲ There she goes again (James Blunt)《她又走了》
She's out on the streets again 她又来到街上
She's down on her knees, my friend 她跪倒在地,我的朋友
But you know she'll never ask you please again 但你知道她永远不会再向你祈求什么
Now take a look, there's no tears in her eyes 现在看吧,她眼中没有泪水
She won't take it from just any guy, 她不会再为任何男人哭泣
(很显然,我们能轻易发现goes这里的动作特点为即时进行。“来到街上/跪倒在地/眼中无泪”,所有的这一切,如果动作早已完成结束,我们怎会看的见呢?)